Valentine’s Day is approaching in next few days and I’m sure most of you have already planned surprises for your loved ones or may be still planning. Valentine’s Day is a special occasion which delights everyone. During this occasion most of them exchange gifts with their loved ones and plan out few dinners outside as well as at home. If you are one among those who have planned out for a time to have supper together or to spend some time during evening snacks then this will go JUST RIGHT FOR YOU.
Shahi Tukda is a very rich and delicious Hyderabadi dessert recipe. This dessert recipe is quite easy and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. I made this dessert last Sunday and honestly we just loved it..!!
- Bread – 4 Slices
- Milk – 2 cups
- Almond & Pista – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Safforn – 4 to 5 strands (soaked in warm milk)
- Ghee – as needed
How to Prepare:
- In a sauce pan add milk and bring it to a boil until the milk becomes thick and half the quantity. Add the chopped almonds, pista & soaked saffron. Set this aside. This is called Rabdi.
- Trim off the brown edges from the bread slices and make shapes as you like. I have used heart shape cookie cutter to make these. You can cut each bread slices into 4 triangles.
- Drizzle a generous amount of ghee in a pan & toast the bread until deep golden brown.
- In another pan add sugar & water. Allow the sugar to dissolve completely. Once done let the syrup boil until 4-5 minutes and turn off the heat. Keep aside.
- Dip each bread slice in the sugar syrup coating it both the sides and transfer to the serving dish.
- Just before serving pour the chilled saffron favoured milk on top of the bread slices. Garnish with the chopped almonds and pistas.