Methi Chicken is a delicious and a distinctive flavorful dish. The dried fenugreek leaves used in this dish adds a wonderful taste with an exotic aroma. Believe me this dish is a real treat for your family on a special occasion.
So here the recipe,
- Chicken – 250 gms
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves/Kasuri Methi – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion Large – 1 (finely diced)
- Tomatoes – 2 (pureed)
- Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
- Yoghurt – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to Taste
How to Prepare:
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces. Marinade the chicken pieces with curd, half tablespoon (1/2 tbsp) of ginger garlic paste and little salt for 20 minutes.
- Take some water in a bowl and soak kasuri methi in it.
- Heat oil, in a pan and sauté the finely chopped onions until transparent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now, add the kasuri methi and sauté for a while.
- Add the chopped tomato along with all the spice powders and mix well. Cover and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Then, add the marinated chicken salt, water as required. Cook covered for about 15 – 20 minutes. Check for the seasoning and if the gravy is thickened as per your consistency.
- Serve hot with rotis or even with plain rice.
Delicious Methi Chicken is ready. Enjoy with your family and friends…!!
You can get Chicken health benefits on this post.