Briyanis is one the most desired food in India. Most of the times biryanis are cooked during festive seasons. You can also notice that this can be cooked and served during family get-togethers. There are varieties of biryani’s are available on cards for you to choose.
The most common and famous kind of biryani would be ‘Dum Biryani’ but here we shall cook a different kind of biryani. This recipe has been associated with me since long as my Mom used to cook this on special occasions. Hence the source of this biryani recipe is my Mom.
- 500 gms Chicken
- 2 Cups Rice
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Onion
- 4 Tomatoes
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon
- 5 Pepper Corns
- 2 tsp Coriander Power
- 1 tsp Chilli Power
- 1/2 tsp Biryani Masala
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tbsp Dahi
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Pinch Tumeric Powder
- 1/2 Chilli Powder
How to Prepare
- In a bowl, add all the marinade ingredients and chicken. Marinade this for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, put all the whole spices and splutter.
- Add the sliced onion and fry till golden brown.
- Now, add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell leaves.
- Lower the flame and add milk, keep stirring for a minute.
- Add coriander powder and fry for a while.
- Now, add all the other spice powders and the sliced tomatoes.
- Mix well and cook for atleast 3-4 minutes.
- Add the marinade chicken, salt and cook covered till the chicken is almost cooked.
- Pour 3 1/2 cups of water and bring to boil. Add the soaked rice to the boiling water and cook till done.
- ‘Chicken Biryani‘ is ready to serve with curd raitha.