With very few ingredients & spices yet very tasty okra.This is one of my mom’s delicacies which I savor the most. This is one of my favorite vegetables since my childhood. The very moment it is prepared, I used to pick some and start gorging before it is actually served for lunch or dinner. I’m sure this is an absolute treat for your taste buds who love okras just like me. I know most of them don't like this veggie because its sticky and sometimes messy to prepare. But try it this way I'm sure you will like it.
You can also try this Stuffed Bhindi Fry.Ingredients:
- Okra/Bhindi – 250 gms
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Curry Leaves - 10
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 3/4 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Wash & pat dry the okras using kitchen towel/tissue.
- Trim off the edges and chop them into 1/4 roundels or in diamond shape (as shown in picture).
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped okras and cook on high flame stirring constantly.
- Reduce the flame and add curry leaves and the spice powders along with salt. Mix well to combine. Do not cover the lid of the pan.
- Cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes stirring in between.
- Serve hot with rice.
- I have used more oil here so that the okras don’t stick to the pan. You can reduce if it is more before the spice powders are added.
- Don’t add water at any stage the okras will get cooked in the oil itself.