Capsicum Chicken Gravy is a creamy curry that tastes good with any Indian bread varieties or even just plain rice. Chicken & capsicum together offers a delectable taste and aroma. Capsicum adds an immense flavor and also gives little crunchiness to the dish. This dish is super tasty and completes the meal. This fragrant dish can also be prepared with boneless chicken. But we love to have it this way. So, give it a try and relish this as we did.Ingredients:
- Chicken – 500 gms
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1.5 tbsp
- Tomato – 2, finely chopped
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Capsicum – 1
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp, optional
- Salt to Taste
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces.
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil and add bay leaf. Add the finely chopped onions and sauté until soft and light brown.
- Now, add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for 2-3 three minutes till the raw smell leaves. Add all the spice powders and sauté for 30 secs.
- Then, add the finely chopped tomatoes along with salt and mix well to combine. Cook covered for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally. After the tomatoes turn soft and the oil is separated, add the chicken pieces and little water.
- Mix well and put the lid on. Cook for about 10 mins or until the chicken is tender and cooked. Now, add the capsicum and cook covered for 2-3 minutes. Get off the stove and Chicken Capsicum is ready to serve.
- Ensure that capsicum is not overcooked. It should be little crunchy.