I try to make some flavored rice to pair up with non-veg dishes during weekends. This not only makes my cooking easy but also saves time. Today, I’m going to share one such quick yet tasty recipe which my little family enjoys the most. I love these fresh green peas more than the frozen peas. I try to use maximum of it when this season starts.
Peas Pulav is a colourful and an inviting dish which goes very well with any kind of gravy. So, if you love green peas then try this recipe.Ingredients:
- Rice – 1 cup
- Fresh Peas – 3/4 cup
- Oil – 2.5 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1, sliced
- Green Chilli – 2, slit
- Water – 2 cups
- Bay Leaves – 2
- Cloves – 3
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Cardamom – 2
How to Prepare:
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the whole spices. When they start to crackle add the sliced onions and sauté until transparent.
- Now, add the green chillies and ginger garlic paste and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until the raw smell disappears. Add the green peas and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water, salt and soaked rice. Cover the lid and pressure cook for up to 2 whistles.
- Serve hot with any gravy or even with just curd raitha.
- I have used normal rice. You can also use basmati rice for this recipe.
- You can also use frozen peas if fresh peas is not available.
- The cooking time or number of whistles depends on the cooker & rice you use, so adjust the time of cooking accordingly.
This goes 'Spotlight Event-Valentine Treat' hosted by Cuisine Delights