Do you love eggs? We are big fan of eggs, be it boiled or fried. Eggs are an excellent source of choline and protein. These are also a good source of Vitamin D, Folate & Calcium. Eggs are on my weekly menu and I make it at least twice in a week. So let’s get to know about the recipe.
Tomato Egg Masala is something which goes very well with Indian flat breads or any rotis. This tasty and yummy dish is my all-time favourite. And, now even my hubby has joined me to team up. I love the texture and the gorgeous colour of the yolks surrounded by egg whites & tangy tomato masala.Ingredients:
- Boiled Egg – 2
- Onio – 2, large (finely diced)
- Tomatoes – 4, finely chopped
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – Few
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1.5 tbsp (adjust)
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Heat oil in a kadai, splutter the mustard seeds & curry leaves.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 2 – 3 minutes until the raw smell disappears. Now, add the finely diced onions and sauté until transparent. Ensure that you don’t brown the onions.
- Then, add chilli powder and cumin powder. Saute for a minute.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes and mix to combine. Add salt and cook covered until fat separates from the sides. Check for the seasoning and if the tomatoes are cooked. When done garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with any Indian bread/rotis.