- Rava/Semolina – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Raisins – 1 tsp
- Cashewnuts – 6
- Water – 1 and 1/4 cups
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Pinch of Safforn
- Kesari Food Colour - pinch
- Heat a spoon of ghee in a pan. Fry cashews & raisins until the color is changed to light brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan roast the rava on a low flame until a nice aroma comes. Transfer this to a bowl and set aside.
- Take milk In a bowl and soak the saffron strands.
- Bring water to a boil. When the bubbling starts, reduce the flame to medium and slowly add the roasted rava at the same time keep stirring. This avoids forming lumps. Add the kesari food color and stir continuously. Cover the lid for a minute.
- Check if the rava is cooked and then add sugar and stir again. Add the saffron and the roasted raisins and cashews. When the mixture gets dry, add the remaining ghee little by little and keep stirring for a minute.
- Rava kesari is ready to be served.
- Add the sugar only after the rava is cooked, this adds texture and taste to the dish.
- Be a little generous in adding ghee as this is the key ingredient which enhances the taste.
Wish you all a Happy, Healthy and a Successful NEW YEAR..!!