Kandha Poha is a traditional and a very popular Maharashtrian special breakfast dish. This is a very quick & easy breakfast dish or a snack prepared in just few minutes. This dish is extremely simple with some mild spice flavours and filling dish too.
How to Prepare:
- Poha/Pressed Rice – 2 Cups
- Large Onion (diced) – 1
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 3
- Oil – 2.5 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 10
- Turmeric Power – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Juice of half a Lemon
- Salt to Taste
- In a large bowl, soak the poha for just 2 – 3 minutes. Drain water and set aside. Let there be little moisture in the poha.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start to splutter, add the chopped green chillies, onions and sauté for a minute. Don’t let the onions turn its color.
- Add turmeric powder, curry leaves and the poha. Sprinkle salt and mix to combine.
- Cover the lid and cook for 3-4 minute on low heat. Closing the lid keeps the flavor intact.
- Then, add the lemon juice and mix again. Be gentle while you mix/combine.
- Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.