- Channa Dal – 1/2 Cup
- Urad Dal – 1/2 Cup
- Jaggery – 1 tsp(adjust)
- Grated Dry Coconut/Copra – 3 tbsp
- Dry Red Chilli – 10 (adjust)
- Curry Leaves – 8 Leaves
- Hing – 1 Pinch
- Tamarind – 1 small piece (optional)
- Salt to Taste
How to Prepare:
- Heat a wide pan, dry roast channa dal and urad dal each separately till the color changes. Set them aside.
- In the same pan roast grated coconut. Set aside.
- Now, add the dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Once all the roasted ingredients cool down, put them in a blender with the remaining ingredients and blend to make a little coarse powder.
- Serve this with idli or dosa.
- You can mix chutney powder with a spoon of ghee and serve with Idli or Dosa. It just tastes awesome.