It’s festive season and I’m sure most of us are busy getting ready for the festival. The preparations are happening in full swing. There’s gonna be lots of savories prepared at our homes and even lot more fun.
Thenkuzhal Murukku is a very popular & crispy south Indian savory prepared with rice & lentil (urad dal) flour. This savory is mainly prepared during festive occasions.
The recipe goes like this..
How to Prepare:
- Rice Flour – 2 Cups
- Roasted Urad Dal Flour – 1/4 Cup
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida/Hing – 1 pinch
- Sesame Seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Salt – As per Taste
- Water – As required
- Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Oil for deep frying
Linking this to Diwali Bash Event hosted by Cooks Joy
Linking this to the event hosted by JCO
- In a large bowl, put the flours and butter and mix gently with finger tips.
- Now, add the remaining ingredients and mix well to make a soft non-sticky dough by adding water little by little.
- Make sure that there are no cracks in the dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Grease the murukku press and fill the press with the dough.
- Slowly press them on a greased plate giving shape and transfer this into the kadai. (I directly pressed them into the kadai. You can also do it that way but be very careful)
- Cook them in medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and allow it to cool completely.
- Store them in air tight container.
Linking this to 'My Diwali Basket
Linking to the event '60 days to Christmas' hosted by Priya & Divya