Theplas - are prefect Gujrati dish served for breakfast or snack. This is a favorite amongst the Gujrathi’s. It is a flat bread mixed with some spices. This makes a very good travel food especially while travelling for long distances.
How to Prepare:
- Wheat Flour – 2 Cups
- Bottle Gourd/Lauki - 1/2 Cup (Grated)
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Till Seeds – 1 tsp
- Ajwain – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 3 (Crushed)
- Salt – As per taste
- In a large bowl, put all the ingredients and mix well.
- Add water little by little and knead well to make soft dough. Rest this for at least 20 minutes.
- Now, make little bigger than lemon size balls and roll them out like chapathi/roti.
- Heat a griddle and cook both the sides sprinkling little oil until done.
- Serve hot with curd/pickle.